Only a few more slots available for our 2019 Grassfed/Grassfinished Beef Season!
Enjoy our tender and flavorful young beef, called “Vitellone” in Italy and “Boeuf Rose” in France and know that we are certified by the American Grassfed Association (AGA), Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) and as “Bird-Friendly Beef” by the Audubon Conservation Ranching Program.
Quick Note for Availability:
- Openings still available for December at Fort Sumner
What we offer:
We offer half and whole beeves. Our prices this season, including processing and packaging, are $985 for a half beef and $1895 for a whole beef. These prices include processing at Mathews Meats in Belen, N.M. or at Fort Sumner Processing in Fort Sumner, N.M. These prices do not include shipping which is only available from Fort Sumner. Shipping costs vary depending on location and will be calculated at the processor. To give you an idea of the cost, shipping to Albuquerque works out to approximately $1/lb.
All beef is available from October to January, but we encourage you to order in advance as the early dates go fast. To reserve your beef, we ask that you send a deposit of $250 for a half beef or $450 for a whole beef.
If you are not sure if a half or whole beef is right for you or your family and you are in New Mexico, you may order select cuts from Skarsgard Farms.
How do I order?
You can order using the form below! You can opt to pay by check, or you can pay by credit card via the form below. If you choose to pay with a credit card, you will be charged a 3% cost to cover processing fees. If your deposit is paid with a credit card we will email you an invoice for the remaining amount when closer to delivery.
How will I get my beef?
You are responsible for picking up your beef or paying for shipping (shipping is an additional cost). Customers electing to ship their beef via FedEx Express will have their beef processed in Fort Sumner.
- You may opt to process with Mathew’s Meats in Belen. You will need to pick up your beef at the facility.
- You may opt to process with Darrin Burns in Fort Sumner. Note that this year anyone wishing the FedEx shipping option will need to take delivery in October or in January as we have no shipping options between these dates. Please order ahead accordingly! You can pick up your beef or he will ship the beef via FedEx Express, an additional cost beyond the price of the beef.
- If you order select cuts through Skarsgard Farms, they will deliver throughout much of New Mexico and the cost of delivery is included.
How much space will my order take?
You will need 3 – 5 cubic feet of freezer space for a half beef. This is the size of the entire freezer compartment of a side-by-side refrigerator. Many customers invest in a small chest freezer and find it wonderful to have extra storage for storing garden or farmers market produce as well.
How much beef will I get?
The average beef, after it has been processed, weighs approximately 225-240 pounds.
How much will it cost per pound?
A half beef will cost approximately $8.20/lb overall; a whole beef will cost approximately $7.90/lb overall.
What cuts will I receive?
After two weeks dry-ageing, both processors will cut and package the beef to your specifications. At the Ranney Ranch we like to eat the “Rancher’s Pack” but if you would like to custom order your own cuts, you may do so at no extra charge.
- Steaks cut 1 ¼” thick
- Whole Brisket
- Soup Bones
- Rib Steaks cut 1 ¼”
- Short Ribs
- Flank Steaks cut 1 ¼” thick
- Skirt Steaks cut 1 ¼” thick
- Top Sirloin Steaks cut 1 ¼” thick
- New York Steaks & Filet Mignon cut 1 ¼”
- Bone-in Rump Roast
- Sirloin Tip Steaks cut ½” thick
- Round Steaks cut ½” thick
- Pikes Peak Roast (heel of the round, boneless)
- Packaged in 1 lb. packages (approx. 30 lbs.)
- Cut in 2” squares
ORGAN MEATS (unless otherwise specified)
- Liver Sweet Breads OxTail Kidney
All steaks come 2 per package.
Any of these cuts may be requested alternatively as Ground Beef
- Steaks OR Roast
- Steaks OR Roast
- Soup Bones
- Rib Steaks OR Ribeyes OR Standing Rib Roast
- Short Ribs OR Ground Beef
- Flank Steaks
- Skirt Steaks
- Top Sirloin Steaks
- T-Bone Steaks OR New York Strips and Filet Mignon
- Sirloin Tip Roast OR Sirloin Tip Steak (1/2” OR 1 1/2”)
- Bone-in Rump Roast OR Rolled Rump Roast
- Round Steak 1/2” thick OR 1 1/2” thick Check here if you would like them tenderized.
- Pikes Peak Roast (Heel of the Round, Boneless)
- Cut in 2” squares
- A half beef yields approx. 30% ground beef or 30+ lbs. (Ground beef will be wrapped in 1 lb. packages unless otherwise specified.)
We cut our steaks at 1 1/2” as our young tender beef cooks very quickly! (Round and Sirloin Tip may be cut thin at 1/2” if you wish, many customers like thin “breakfast” steaks; or you may leave them at 1 1/2” and cut as smaller steaks. Please note your desired thickness above.) Steaks are wrapped 2 per package unless otherwise specified.
***SPECIALTY CUTS*** (Please mark your choice)
- Hanger Steaks OR Ground Beef (Tasty when prepared with marinade)
- Coulotte Steak (Very tender; if requested, it will be cut as a smaller steak from the Top Sirloin Steak)
- Tri-tip Roast OR Ground Beef
- Liver Heart
- Sweet Breads
For other questions or to order beef, please use the form above, or email Joseph Ranney at firstname.lastname@example.org.